And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Colossians 3:23 KJV
Have you ever felt like, “I really don’t feel like working today or I really don’t feel like giving it my all today?” Sure, we all have. Let’s take sometime and look at something you may have not thought about and lets put it in bullet form to look at it more clearly.
- Do you think that Jesus felt like being arrested for no reason?
- Do you think that Jesus felt like being beaten until there was no skin at all left on His back?
- Do you think Jesus felt like being spit on?
- Do you think Jesus felt like having 2 to 3 inch thorns pressed and beaten with a stick into his skull?
- Do you think Jesus felt like being pierced in the side and hung on the Cross?
And last but not least here is the BIG ONE. Many people do not realize that Jesus’s biggest issue was not the beatings and whippings and crown of thorns. That may come as a surprise to some but Jesus had NEVER ever been or felt what it was like to be not connected to His Father for millions of years. And now because of OUR sin He would be for a period of time. So….
- Do you think Jesus felt like being separated from His Father?
What is my point? The point is Jesus did not feel like doing any of these things but He was not run or making decisions based on his feelings or emotions. He was controlled by LOVE and PURPOSE which is God the Father. He was thinking about you and me. So when you are at your job or whatever you do even at home as a wife or husband or a child, do your chores or assignment as if it was for Jesus. When you do He will strengthen you to do it heartily or from the heart. And He will also reward you greater than a simple paycheck.
All the “blessed” to you! Shalom!!!